You are looking at results from northeasthealthline.ca.
To find services in another area, enter a different postal code or city in the Find Services box on the right-hand side of the page.
Respite Care for Seniors
Respite care offers temporary, substitute living arrangements or special care in the home for seniors in order to provide a brief period of relief or rest (usually more than twenty-four hours) for the family members, guardians or other people who are their regular caregivers.
See In-Home Nursing and In-Home Personal Support for programs that offer the services of substitute caregivers who provide respite care in the individual's own home.
Short-stay programs are offered by some Long-Term Care Homes and Retirement Residences for adults living in the community with long-term care needs and/or who require care when recovering or stabilizing. Admission to these short-stay programs is through Community Care Access Centres. A few long-term care homes offer private short-stay respite care. Apply directly to the residential home.
- CarePartners - North Bay - Respite
- Cassellholme, East Nipissing District Home for the Aged (The) - North Bay - Community Support Services - Caregiver Respite Program
- Friends (The) - Seniors Services Program - Burk's Falls
- Near North Palliative Care Network - Nipissing and Parry Sound - Respite
- Nipissing First Nation - Health Services - Home and Community Care Program - Respite Care
- Temagami First Nation - Doreen Potts Health Centre - Home and Community Care - Respite
- Canadian Shield Health Care Services - Sudbury
- Circle of Care - Sudbury
- Comfort Keepers - Hanmer
- For Seniors Only - Sudbury
- Friends (The) - Community and Health Services - Parry Sound - Respite
- Friends (The) - Seniors Services Program - Parry Sound
- Gardens of Parry Sound Retirement Residence - Parry Sound
- M'Chigeeng First Nation - Health Services - Wellness Centre
- Magnetawan First Nation - Health Centre - Respite Care
- Mamaweswen North Shore Tribal Council - N'Mninoeyaa Aboriginal Health Access Centre
- ParaMed - Sudbury
- Serpent River First Nation - Cutler - Geka Wigwam Seniors Lodge - Home and Community Care Program - Respite Care
- Southwind Retirement Residence - Sudbury
- Sudbury-East Seniors Support - Noelville - Respite Services
- Transitional Home Health and Transition House - Short term living Accommodations at Transition House - Sudbury
- Universal Medical Centre - Greater Sudbury - Home Care - Non Medical Services - Respite Care
- VON Victorian Order of Nurses - North East District - Greater Sudbury - Adult Day Program
- VON Victorian Order of Nurses - North East District - Greater Sudbury - Respite care
- Zhiibaahaasing First Nation - Health Centre - Home and Community Care - Respite Care